Invisalign® Clear Braces in Ann Arbor, Dexter & Chelsea, MI
If you have crooked teeth, gaps in your teeth, or another orthodontic issue, you may feel self-conscious about your smile. In addition, you may have other problems as a result, such as difficulty brushing and flossing properly. Although you'd like to do something about it, the thought of wearing traditional braces means they'll be highly noticeable, which gives many people pause.
Invisalign in Ann Arbor can be an excellent alternative to traditional braces. At Care Family Dental, Dr. Sowmya Ramakrishna (who goes by Dr. S) provides experienced, compassionate care and will take the time to listen to your concerns and explain your options to you. We'll evaluate your situation and let you know if your smile could benefit from Invisalign treatment. We're proud to offer Invisalign to all patients 18 and older. Contact our office and schedule a consultation to find out if it's right for you!
CALL US: (734) 206-2066 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment offered as an alternative to metal braces. It's best suited for treating mild to moderate alignment issues. It utilizes a custom-made series of comfortable plastic aligners (trays) to cover your teeth and move them into the correct position over time. The aligners are clear, and although they're best worn for 22+ hours a day, you can take them off while eating, drinking, or brushing your teeth. We have ample experience providing Invisalign treatment and will make sure you understand everything you need to know about this orthodontic option.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign Over Traditional Metal Braces?
With its clear, removable design, Invisalign offers the following advantages:
- Less noticeable than traditional braces
- Takes less time to complete treatment
- Can be removed to eat and drink, so you can eat what you want
- Progress can be accurately monitored
- Easier to maintain good dental hygiene since you can remove them to brush and floss normally
- More comfortable to wear
How Does Invisalign Work?
If you'd like to learn more about Ann Arbor Invisalign, we invite you to make an appointment with our office for an examination. We'll discuss your treatment options with you, and if we determine that you're a good candidate for Invisalign, we'll use x-rays and a 3D digital scanner to create a personalized plan for you. The scanner will also demonstrate how Invisalign will correct your issues over time. All your images will be sent to the lab, where BPA-free aligners will be custom-made for you.
You'll wear each set of aligners for two weeks before switching them for a new set. New sets may feel a little tight in the beginning, but as they gradually begin to move your teeth, they'll fit more comfortably. About every six weeks, you'll visit our office to check your aligners and review your progress. We'll also determine if your aligners or your treatment plan needs to be adjusted. Finally, at the end of your treatment, we may create a new retainer for you or may ask you to use the last aligner as your retainer. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
What Issues Can Invisalign Correct?
Care Family Dental can use Invisalign to correct several common dental issues, including:
- Crooked teeth - Crowded teeth are the most common alignment issue and are easily addressed with Invisalign treatment.
- Gaps in teeth - Too much space between two or more teeth can cause food to be trapped, leading to gum disease and pain.
- Crowded teeth – If there isn't enough space in your jaw to accommodate all your teeth, they can overlap and twist. This makes it hard to clean between your teeth, making gum disease and tooth decay more likely.
- Underbite – An underbite occurs when your bottom teeth are too far in front of your upper teeth. Mild to moderate cases of an underbite can often be treated with Invisalign, but more severe cases may need traditional braces or a combination of traditional braces and Invisalign.
- Overbite – You have an overbite if your top teeth close too far in front of your lower teeth. Minor overbite issues that don't require jaw alignment may find success with Invisalign.
At Care Family Dental, we can correct mild to moderate orthodontic issues with this treatment. More complex issues are referred to an orthodontist, and, depending on the severity of the problem, a different orthodontic treatment may be recommended.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
Most patients with Invisalign need to wear them for 12 to 18 months. This assumes that you're wearing your aligners for 22+ hours a day and following your instructions.
Quality Invisalign Treatment in Ann Arbor
If you'd like to learn more about Invisalign in Ann Arbor, and whether you would be a good candidate for this treatment, make an appointment with Care Family Dental. We'd be happy to discuss your orthodontic concerns with you and determine the best treatment plan. We know how important your smile is to you, and we want to help you achieve a healthier, more appealing smile you can be proud of. For crooked teeth, crowding, and other mild alignment issues, our Invisalign treatment could be your solution. Contact our practice and schedule your consultation today!
CALL US: (734) 206-2066 REQUEST APPOINTMENT